April 14, 2023
In case you needed a laugh 🤣
IT'S INTERNATIONAL MOMENT OF LAUGHTER DAY
Finally, a date I can really get excited about! I was passing our Delve Deck around with some friends recently and one of the questions was "What is your favorite emotion?" The answer that immediately came to mind for me is amusement.
My favorite thing about designing products for Boredwalk is making stuff that makes strangers laugh. I love both the delight we can bring to our customers and the amusement you all get to spread, whether you're gifting a friend one of our products or wearing your favorite Boredwalk shirts and getting laughs from strangers passing you on the street.
As I've shared before, I am a gratitude journaling dropout. I've tried it A LOT, and for me it wasn't helpful. I've often heard it said you cannot experience negative emotions and gratitude at the same time. Maybe you can't, but I sure can. What I cannot experience at the same time is negative emotions and laughter. Even when everything is awful (and it usually is), a good laugh is the best painkiller I've ever experienced.
Fun fact: Foxes make a laughing sound when they are pleased and their jolly giggles are even a mood booster for us humans.
Want even more amusement? Check out the newest episode of the Boredwalk podcast! This week I chatted with Josh from our content team about commune documentaries, my stubborn coffee addiction, AND we answered a few questions from our Delve Deck. Watch us in the flesh on YouTube or listen on your favorite podcasting platform.
Want a few notable April 14th birthdays and historical facts to kick off the weekend? Here are a few...
• Born on this day: actress Sarah Michelle Gellar (1977), actor Rob McElhenney (1977), actor Anthony Michael Hall (1968), actor Adrien Brody (1973), actress Abigail Breslin (1996), and singer-songwriter Loretta Lynn (1932)
• On this day in 1912 the Titanic hit the iceberg that would cause it to sink the following morning
• US President Abraham Lincoln was shot in the head by John Wilkes Booth at Ford's Theater in Washington on this day in 1865
• Metallica filed a lawsuit against Napster on this day 2000, which eventually led to Napster's demise
• The Human Genome Project was completed on this day in 2003, with 99% of the human genome sequenced to an accuracy of 99.99%
OK, that's it for this week! We'll be back here in your inbox on Monday with another email and (hopefully) a fresh customer Q&A! If you'd like to be featured in an upcoming email reply to this and let us know!
Peace, love, and laughs,