Boredwalk In the Kitchen: Guacamole Without the Mess
Being Californians, we loooove avocado. Avocado toast, avocado smoothies, and of course guacamole! So many guac and avocado toast recipes suggest that first you scoop the avocado out of the shell and then mash it up.
This results in a slow messy process as slippery avocado chunks slide around and get stuck in your mashing implement of choice. We've found a better way, just watch our video below:
By mashing the avocado inside the shell you have less mess, more control and it's a faster finish to ready-to-eat guacamole or avocado toast.
Want to make this guacamole recipe? You'll need:
- 3 ripe pitted, mashed, avocados (use my tip above to prepare the avocado)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
Combine the ingredients above and serve with your favorite chips.