😤 A grudge that won't budge. 😈
IT'S NATIONAL GET OVER IT DAY 😐
While there are certainly plenty of occasions to let bygones be bygones, I can't say I'm 100% on board with this "holiday." It sort of has a "choose happiness" or "don't let it bother you" vibe that isn't terribly helpful or realistic.
I guess get over what you can, but don't let the toxic positivity crowd deter you from your well-crafted vengeance plot either. You know what's best for you and who's deserving of grace or comeuppance.
Me when I haven't had a full night's sleep because my neighbors were being noisy.
Want a few vaguely interesting March 9th facts and birthdays before we move onto this week's main course?
• It was on this day in 1931 that the electron microscope was invented. German physicist Ernst Ruska is credited with the invention of the microscope. His first instrument allowed a resolution of 50 nanometers (billionths of a meter).*
*LOL, "billionths of a meter" doesn't really help me visualize 50 nanometers any better, but sure, we'll go with that!
• On this day in 1959 the Barbie Doll made her debut at the American Toy Fair in New York. Over a billion have been sold worldwide since.
• Chess grandmaster Robert "Bobby" James Fischer was born on this day in 1943.
• On a sad note, it was on this day in 1997 that rapper The Notorious B.I.G. was killed, depriving us all of what would have undoubtedly been the best Twitter banter in the modern age, if only he were here with us.
Now on to some amusing links!
If you enjoy our tweets and products, this link is almost guaranteed to deliver some laughs. I've been trying my hand at funny videos and would love to know what you think. If you do like it please do me a favor and share it with someone who could use a laugh?
2. Natalie Burdick lampoons fitness influencers
Keeping with the theme of satire, this video really hits the spot.
3. The influencer mockery continues with hilarious skincare advice
Comedian Lisa Gilroy gives us the skincare advice we're really here for (it's funny, I promise).*
*Influencers are fine and we'd love to work with some! I hear that under all that fur The Wolf Man is ripped, and I know that Elizabeth Báthory had a KILLER skin regimen.
4. Painted Black Decor gives a thrift store figurine a makeover
This cool creative process video takes us through turning a mundane tchotchke into a work of art.
This Reddit thread links to an article talking about the genus of Tyrannosaurus, but the comments section is also pretty scroll-worthy.
OK! Hopefully these little diversions helped to brighten your day! We'll be back here in your inbox on Friday with more entertainment and Boredwalk news (including new art of our own)! Until then...
Peace, love, and LOLs,
Leave a comment