Boredwalk Community: Chomping donuts, rocking out, and debunking librarian myths!
Welcome to our weekly Boredwalk Community series, where we ask Boredwalk fans fun questions! This week we're talking to Calla J. of Minnesota, who's looking sharp (and hangry!) in her Hell Is Other People v-neck tee! Before you start reading, scroll down and start rocking out to our Springtime Vibes Spotify playlist!
1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?
As my actual job, I am the library director of a small public library in Minnesota. Believe it or not, I HAVE my dream job! If I wasn't a librarian, though, I would love to be a travel writer.
2. What experience do you most want to cross off your bucket list?
I would love to travel the entire world, and I'm trying to get as much of that done as possible! I would also love to publish a book or two and get my PhD.
3. What's your biggest pet peeve?
When people clip their fingernails out in the open. So gross. (Ed. note: people DO that?!?)
4. Clear up a misconception (about your job, where you're from, or some other topic you know a lot about.)
I'm a librarian, and a common misconception is that we're uptight ladies who shush anyone who crosses our path. That is NOT true — librarians are some of the most fun-loving people you'll ever meet, and we love it when you talk in libraries! We just want you to love books.
5. What's a life pro tip the Boredwalk community needs to know?
Use the Oxford comma. Seriously. (Be still, my beating heart!)
6. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?
On Instagram @i.like.your.minnesota.style
Want to be featured next? Shoot us an email at email@example.com and we'll make it happen!
And now for that playlist I mentioned...
Leave a comment