Boredwalk Community: I'm a Faulknarian
1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?
My actual job is in shipping and customer service.* My dream job would be to host my own TV show, though it would likely turn out like the movie Welcome to Me. I'd also like to be a writer for TV or even a director. (Ed. note: Marlene is being modest — she's the Customer Service & Shipping Supervisor here at Boredwalk, and chances are you may have exchanged emails with her over the last 14 months!)
2. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
I hate when people cut me off and then drive really slowly.
3. What’s the most useful piece of advice you’ve ever received?
I think my Dad's advice for work has served me well: "Show up on time every day and do the best you can."
4. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
I think teleportation would be my top pick, but only if I could teleport people and objects with me.
5. You can curse your nemesis with a minor annoyance for eternity; what do you choose?
A vague but palpable feeling of unease that lingers forever. (So MY existence, then.)
6. What experience do you most want to cross off your bucket list?
Getting married and honeymooning! One is closer than the other...
7. If you drink: what’s your go-to drink?
I like a classic negroni (alcoholic) or a Monster energy drink (non-alcoholic).
8. What's a surprising fact about you?
I'm a Faulknarian (fan and scholar of William Faulkner's writing).
9. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?
You can find me at my lightly-used Instagram: @justmarmar.