Boredwalk Community: Keeping it Levelheaded
Welcome to our weekly Boredwalk Community series, where we ask Boredwalk fans fun questions! This week we're talking to Allison S. of McKean PA, who's looking sharp in a Women's My Unyielding Melancholy Brings All The Existentialists To The Yard Vneck T-Shirt
1.What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?
Currently I have two retail jobs because my vocation (working with horses) doesn't pay the rent at the moment. My dream job would be teaching people to ride for half the week and writing low fantasy the other half. (Ed. note: Huzzah for low fantasy!)
2. What's a book you think the Boredwalk community should read?
I am not good with picking one of anything, especially books! Have three!
• Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn
• John Bellairs, The Face In The Frost
• Saki, Beasts And Super-Beasts
3. What's the most useful piece of advice you've ever received?
From my Dad: "You can never be sure in a crisis that anyone will be levelheaded, so it has to be you. You can break down when it's over, but while it's going on you have to keep your head, because it's possible no one else will."
4. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
Having the metaphysical equivalent of a natural 20 rolled on everything in my life that involves luck.
5. Clear up a misconception (about your job, where you are from, some other topic you know a lot about.)
If you're watching someone ride a horse in the movies and their elbows are flapping up and down, they can't actually ride. Likewise, if they stop the horse and the horse throws its head up, they also can't ride (and the horse isn't happy.) Posture looks like they're sitting in an armchair? Can't ride. Never watch a horse movie with actual horse people, we will ruin it for you :) (Duly noted!)
6. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?
On Instagram @duamuteffe