Boredwalk Community: Low Expectations
1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?
I'm a graphic designer. I know it's totally corny, but this IS my dream job. I have worked on some really cool, weird, and interesting projects throughout my career. But even if the project isn't glamorous, it's still fun for me.
2. What keeps you up at night?
OMG, climate change, racial inequality, income inequality, this election. The idea that we are hurtling toward the Great Filter (as described in the Fermi Paradox). (Ed. note: that's...pretty bleak. I'm here for it!)
3. What's a book you think the Boredwalk community should read?
I know I'm late to the party, but I highly recommend Samantha Irby's collections of essays*. Droll, charming, and relatable. #iloveher
*(Those collections are titled We Are Never Meeting In Real Life; Meaty; New Year, Same Trash; and Wow, No Thank You)
4. What's the most useful piece of advice you've ever received?
The key to happiness is low expectations. (Agreed!)
5. What is a surprising fact about you?
Many years ago, I was bit by Devo! One of the members of the band snuck up behind me, thinking I was someone else, and playfully (but sharply!) nipped me in the upper thigh. I was quite startled, uninjured, and ultimately kind of honored.
6. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?
I spend every minute of free time in the forest. I love nature; people not as much. I take some mediocre pictures while I'm out there and post them on Instagram @kuhdog.