Welcome to our weekly Boredwalk Community series, where we ask Boredwalk fans fun questions! This week we're talking to Kealan B. of Columbus OH, looking sharp in a Visit Your Library tee.
1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?I'm fortunate enough that I get to do my dream job, which is writing books for a living. I also do some design work on the side too, which is just as rewarding. As long as I'm creating something, I'm happy.
2. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
Flight. The price of flights back to my home country (Ireland) are outrageous. Oh, and it would be useful for fighting crime and stuff too, of course.
2. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Bad manners. It is literally the least taxing thing in the world to be courteous and polite and yet it seems to elude so many people.
4. What's a life pro tip the Boredwalk community needs to know?
Every awkward or intimidating situation can be conquered by sticking your chest out, putting your shoulders back, holding your head up, and believing that you own the room.
5. Clear up a misconception
A common misconception about writing is that it's an easy job. I've done countless jobs, everything from landscape gardening to fraud investigation and this one is by far the hardest. Mining your own psyche for the entertainment value of others is like performing surgery on yourself without aesthetic. I love it though. True passion is often masochistic..
6. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?
I'm on Twitter @kealanburke, IG: @kealanpatrick, and my website is kealanpatrickburke.com
Want to be featured next? Shoot us an email at email@example.com and we'll make it happen!
Leave a comment