Boredwalk Community: Rock N' Roll Puppeteering
1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?
I help write public health safety standards. It sounds utterly boring, but I help make sure that the water you drink isn't poisonous and the products you use don't kill you. So it's really rewarding and kind of a big deal. (Ed. note: the most important jobs tend to be the most thankless. So thank you!)
2. What's your biggest pet peeve?
People who chew with their mouths open, people who ask me if I'm okay when I say "ow," people who call the cops on other people when they should be minding their own damn business, people who... I guess just anything people do annoys me. (Same!)
3. What's a book you think the Boredwalk community should read?
Untamed by Glennon Doyle
4. What's the most useful piece of advice you've ever received?
One time in therapy, while blaming myself for the problems of those I love, my therapist told me that I'm "not as important in other people's lives" as I think I am. I was offended at first, but then I realized she was right. I'm not the cause of other people's problems and it's not my job to help solve them. (*Nods*)
5. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
To help people that disagree with me to see that I am, in fact, correct. (Which in theory would obviate the need for any other super power. Clever!)
6. You can curse your nemesis with a minor annoyance for eternity; what do you choose?
7. What experience do you most want to cross off your bucket list?
I'd love to visit Japan; I've been learning Japanese since the pandemic started, and I'd love to go and completely confuse people with my loose grasp on their language.
8. What is a surprising fact about you?
I used to be a puppeteer in a rock n' roll puppet show. We had a skit about Jeffrey Dahmer. It was awesome.
9. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?
A long, long time ago, I was cool and I used to shoot photos of bands and burlesque performers. You can see photos on my Flickr.