Boredwalk Community: You’ll Never Lose by Being the First One to Apologize
Welcome to our weekly Boredwalk Community series, where we ask Boredwalk fans fun questions! This week we're talking to Willy L. of Cambridge MA, showing off a Support Your Local Library shirt.
1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?
I am strategic advisor to the dean of a medical school, which means I deal with randomness. My dream job would be to make a living as a writer. (Interesting. On a scale of 1-10, how "random" is a global pandemic? Asking for 8 billion friends...)
2. What keeps you up at night?
Trying to think of the right questions.
3. What's a book that you think the Boredwalk community should read?
Wow, given the shirt I'm wearing, I'd better do a good job here... either Notes of a Native Son by James Baldwin or The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir.
4. What's the most useful piece of advice you've received?
In a relationship, you’ll never lose by being the first one to apologize. (Perhaps, but where is the fun in settling for a grudging stalemate?)
5. What experience do you most want to cross off your bucket list?
To do a public reading from something that I have published.
6. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
To be able to speak any language. Imagine the amazing off-menu meals I could get at restaurants anywhere!
7. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Ugh! People who think they’re the only ones on the planet, e.g. people who dump their trash on the street or “share” their music on the subway. (An unforeseen silver lining of social distancing?)
8. You can curse your nemesis with a minor annoyance for eternity; what do you choose?
Ha! That they would become a nice person. They would HATE that!
9. Clear up a misconception (about your job, where you are from, some other topic you know a lot about).
The majority of people everywhere are doing their best most of the time. (This doesn't fill me with confidence regarding our species continued survival, Willy...)
10. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?
On Instagram @willy.lensch