🦈 I can relate to a shark:
ALL THEY WANT IS TO BE LEFT THE HELL ALONE AND SERVED CONSTANT SNACKS
It's National Megalodon Day! These massive sharks swam the oceans for 20 million years during the Cenozoic Era. Weighing over 60 tons with mouths 8-11 feet wide, these deep sea denizens were the ultimate in nautical notoriety.
I honestly find myself envying sharks pretty often. They don't have to navigate complex bureaucratic systems or watch what they eat, and they don't have to worry about their teeth falling out.
Meanwhile, I floss daily and still get cavities and have to pay for more kinds of insurance that I can even begin to think of off the top of my head. The only real problem sharks deal with are people, and I already have plenty of people problems, so I think they have the advantage.
I'd be smiling too if I had your life, sharky friend.
Want a few June 15th famous birthdays and historical facts before we get to some amusing links to brighten your day? Sure you do!
• Born on this day: actress/director/producer Courteney Cox (1964), country singer/songwriter Waylon Jennings (1937), rapper/actor/filmmaker Ice Cube (1969) and actor/singer/writer/producer Neil Patrick Harris (1973).
• On this day in 1878 the world's first moving pictures were captured on camera. The feat used 12 cameras, each taking one photo, and depicted all four of a horse's hooves leaving the ground.
Now on to some amusing links!
1. How to nail a job interview
The Boredwalk creator team gets real when asked about a great accomplishment. If you're not following our creator team on YouTube, Tiktok, and/or Instagram yet, you should be! Our team works hard every day to deliver the funny, and you don't want to miss it. Also, you can see us live on Tiktok today at 5pm Pacific/8pm Eastern. Come say hello!
2. We need an American Girl Doll who buys clothes at Goodwill only to resell them for x5 the price on Depop.
Juulie Albright's amusing Twitter account delivers quality satire vis a vis the iconic American Doll brand.
3. Awkward Flyer spoofs those flyers you've probably seen around town
Yeah sure, you've seen sloppily posted flyers for yard sales and piano lessons, but have you seen flyers for a used fleshlight or a workshop about pointing and yelling at clouds? I think not!
4. Meet this cute 33 year old bat
He loves to cuddle, sunbathe, and nap. Adorable!
This cute big cat lives at Paradise Wildlife Park, and their Instagram account is full of majestic big cats and other wildlife. Give them a look when you need a break from Zoom meetings and emails.
OK! Hopefully these little diversions helped to brighten your day! We'll be back here in your inbox on Friday with more entertainment and Boredwalk news and new art! Until then...
Peace, love, and sharks,
Leave a comment