🤩 In case no one told you today...
YOUR TEETH LOOK SHARP.
YOUR VISAGE TERRIFIES MEN.
THE CROWN OF FEMURS ATOP YOUR HEAD IS DAZZLING.
Happy National Compliment Day! My favorite compliment is actually just making someone laugh, but compliments on my crown of femurs are also welcome.
Compliments make some people uncomfortable. I'm actually one of those people, but I try to keep my deflection tendencies reserved for my inner monologue and say "thanks" anyway. They'll figure out I'm terrible later; why ruin the surprise?
My inner critic when someone says something nice to me.
OK, birthday time! Let's have some cake in honor of:
• Actress, comedian, and writer Kristen Joy Schaal, born on this day in 1978! Schaal is best known as the voice of Louise Belcher on Bob's Burgers, but you may have also seen her on episodes of The Daily Show, 30 Rock, The Last Man on Earth, Flight of The Conchords, and many other funny things on screens big and small.
• American actor, comedian, writer, and producer Edward Parker Helms, born this day in 1974! Also an alum of The Daily Show, Helms is probably best known from NBC's The Office and The Hangover film franchise.
• Singer-songwriter, musician, and occasional actor Neil Leslie Diamond, born this day in 1941! Diamond has had ten #1 singles, and in 2019 his 1969 signature song "Sweet Caroline" was selected by the Library of Congress for preservation in the National Recording Registry for being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant."
• Actress/Model Sharon Marie Tate Polanski, born on this day in 1943. She was probably best known for her appearance in 1967 cult classic Valley of the Dolls. She was considered one of Hollywood's most promising newcomers before tragically being murdered by the Manson Family in 1969.
It was also on this day in 1935 that the first canned beer went on sale to the general public.
Alrighty! Scroll on down to learn more about fellow Boredwalk fan Tui H.! If you'd like to be featured in our Monday Q&A segment, reply to this email and let me know!
We'll be back in your inbox on Wednesday morning with links to fun distractions! If you're in a shopping mood, be sure to use the code YAY10 at checkout to save 10% on orders of $100 or more! Until next time...
Peace, love, and flattery,
Tui looking cozy in her Slay The Patriarchy hoodie!
1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?
I'm an early childhood teacher. My dream job would be to write (novel, children's books, TV show, J. Peterman catalogue, whatever).
2. What keeps you up at night?
I think a lot about school: my students, my classroom, lesson plans, data collection…
3. What's a book you think the Boredwalk community should read?
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson is awesome.
4. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
Teleportation so I can go on trips without the trouble of driving or flying.
5. You can curse your nemesis with a minor annoyance for eternity; what do you choose?
It would have to be something tech-related, like no matter what keyboard they use, the shift key doesn't work.
6. What experience do you most want to cross off your bucket list?
I'd love to see a grand slam tennis tournament live.
7. If you drink: what's your go-to drink? If you don't drink: what's your go-to dessert or snack?
Coffee, lots and lots and lots of coffee.
8. Clear up a misconception (about your job, where you are from, some other topic you know a lot about).
Preschool isn't babysitting or daycare. We actually set goals for students in literacy and numeracy while teaching them soft skills like sharing and getting along with others so there will hopefully be fewer jerks walking around amongst us.
9. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?