🤷🏻♀️🤷🏽 Interpret this how you will...
FINALLY, SOME NEW ART!
It seems fitting that this is our first new art in months, since there are a few people in the Boredwalk cast of villains deserving of the message.
Matt and I have spent the last several months finishing our next book and it's finally done! That means we can get a few new shirt, notebook, and kitchen towel designs done before we move on to our next major product, a perfect gifting item for the 2022 holiday season, but more on that later. For now, just know that new fun things are coming, and the tee above is just the first taste!
I wish I had a firm release date for our next book and could share sneak peeks in this email, but unlike certain vendors who spent most of 2022 lying to us, I don't like to make promises I can't keep.
Currently I am hunting for a new printer to manufacture books for us. The vendor who originally accepted an order from us in February (and promised to ship in April) never printed our order, despite being paid in advance.
First they asked for a one month extension. I then spent April checking in repeatedly and being promised our order would ship in late May for an early June delivery date. The day the order was due to ship last week the vendor told us they hadn't gotten around to our order and had no idea when they'd be able to ship, other than a nebulous "three more weeks — we think." This left me scrambling for a replacement printer and inventory with zero notice, while the scummy vendor enjoyed a very large interest-free loan from our company over the last four months. Must be nice!
I do have a short term replacement and more Grievance Journal inventory headed our way, but I'm still on the hunt for a vendor to print our next book, hence my reluctance to promise you a release date. We are hopeful we can get a shipment by the end of June, but I'll share more updates as we have them. I can tell you the next book is witty, beautifully designed, highly gift-able, and very entertaining. It's peak Boredwalk humor content and I can't wait to get it to you!
The Boredwalk team hexing our dishonest vendors.
Anyway, today is National Donut Day, so have one if you deserve one, I guess.
Now, let's wrap things up with a few famous June 3rd birthdays and historical facts:
• Born on June 3rds of the past: poet/beat writer Allen Ginsberg, dancer/singer/actress/first Black woman to star in a major motion picture Josephine Baker, and journalist/political commentator Anderson Cooper.
• On this day in 1988 the film Big, directed by Penny Marshall, and starring Tom Hanks, premiered in the US. This is some really iconic Tom Hanks comedy and still holds up to a modern day re-watch. My favorite Hanks joint remains The Money Pit, which is an endlessly relatable film that makes me laugh every time I watch it. (Even though I've read in interviews that he wasn't very pleased with how it turned out. You are MISTAKEN, good sir!)
• On this day in 1976 Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" went gold, but let's be honest — the precious metal that could adequately signify how epically, ostentatiously wonderful that song is has not yet been discovered.
• On this day in 2009 New Hampshire became the sixth state in the United States to make gay marriage legal. June is also Pride Month, so happy Pride to all our LGBTQIA+ readers!
• Lastly, because the Chinese government absolutely hates anyone mentioning this, it was on this day in 1989 that Chinese troops opened fire on pro-democracy supporters in Tiananmen Square. They continue to be fascist monsters, so I will bring up their misdeeds any chance I get to remind everyone that they suck.
We also have daily new entertainment content for you from the Boredwalk team on Youtube, TikTok and Instagram. Go check it out if you could use a laugh!
Thanks for reading! We'll be back in your inbox Monday with a new Boredwalk Community Q&A, more famous birthdays, a random holiday or two, and other assorted entertainment!
Until next time...
Peace, love, and karma,
Leave a comment