😒 No, I'm not fine...
I'M A CENTURIES OLD WITCH CUT OFF FROM MY RIGHTFUL POWERS AND TRAPPED IN A FRAGILE HUMAN FORM
Ever have those days when you're just like "this can't really be it?" You're stuck in traffic, the cat threw up on your shoes, you woke up with a mysterious shoulder ache that won't go away. It's those days that I start to suspect I've been hexed, forced to live a mundane existence full of workaday drudgery when I should really be living out my sinister fantasies.
Oh well, at least there's waffles, and you should treat yourself to some since it's International Waffle Day! If we can't treat ourselves to fanciful superpowers we might as well console ourselves with syrup and carbs.
We've got to have some boundaries!
Now let's have some birthday cake for a couple of March 25th babies:
• Singer, pianist, and composer Sir Elton Hercules John was born on this day in 1947! John has sold over 300 million records during his six decade career. Hope he's not listening to too many Sad Songs today.
• Singer, songwriter, and pianist Aretha Franklin was born on this day in 1942! Even though she's no longer with us in the flesh, we hope her spirit's day is full of R.E.S.P.E.C.T!
• Actress, comedian, and author Jenny Slate was born on this day in 1982! You may have have seen her on Kroll Show or heard her on Bob's Burgers, but don't sleep on her indie film Obvious Child.
• Feminist journalist and activist Gloria Steinem was born on this day in 1934! Steinem is best known for her women's rights activism. She famously went under cover as a Playboy Bunny at the New York Playboy Club in the 1960s to write an article about how women were treated in the Playboy Clubs.
• Author Flannery O'Connor was born on this day in 1925! Famous for her sardonic Southern Gothic style, O'Connor was posthumously awarded the 1972 U.S. National Book Award for Fiction.
If you plan to stock up on Boredwalk goodies this weekend, don't forget to save 10% on orders of $100 or more when you use the code YAY10 at checkout!
Orders of $75 or more ship for free within the US — no code needed!
Alright! We'll be back in your inbox Monday with a new Boredwalk Community Q&A, more famous birthdays, a random holiday or two, and other assorted entertainment!
Until next time...
Peace, love, and waffles,
Leave a comment