June 30, 2023
😤 Our motto, now and forever:
SISTERHOOD BEFORE MISTERHOOD 🧙🏽♀️
Happy National Food Truck Day! Boredwalk co-founder Meredith and I celebrated by swinging by the Roots & Leaves food truck in Avon, North Carolina this morning for some coffee and delicious cinnamon rolls before hitting the road to start winding our way back to Los Angeles.
Today is also National OOTD (Outfit Of The Day) Day, which is timely since we have this sweet new A Woman's Place Is In A Coven design to share with you this week!
It's also National Meteor Watch Day, which is fitting given that today is the anniversary of the 1908 Tunguska Event! If you're of a certain vintage, you have one man to thank for teaching you about the Tunguska Blast:
Dr. Raymond Stantz, PhD, at your ghost-busting service!
GIF via Ghostbusters
Want some more amusement? Check out the newest episode of the Boredwalk podcast! Josh and Tess (or me and Meredith, depending on who you ask) present a food themed episode wherein they discuss Chicago and New York style pizza, a blowfish that when eaten can kill you if it's cut incorrectly, and ingredients that always ruin a dish (bananas and eggplant).
They also talk about their dumbest injuries and become the superhero duo Super Chill Man and Laid-Back Lady! Here to fight crime... if they feel like it.
They also answered a question or two from our Delve Deck. Listen on your favorite podcasting platform*or, even better, watch them on YouTube!
* But if you listen to your podcasts on Stitcher, maybe make alternate arrangements in the near future — they recently announced they are closing up shop in the coming weeks/months. Oh, well. There's always Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your trusty old browser window!
Let's kick off the weekend with a few famous June 30th historical facts and notable birthdays to impress your friends with:
• 1908: The aforementioned Tunguska Event occurs when a meteor exploded in the air over the East Siberian taiga with an estimated 12 megatons of explosive force, flattening approximately 80 million trees across 830 square miles of forest, making it the largest impact event in recorded human history.
• 1953: The first Chevrolet Corvette rolls off the assembly line in Flint, Michigan
• 1966: The National Organization for Women is founded
• 1990: In an important step toward reunification, East Germany and West Germany merge their economies
• Birthday cake for: Folk singer-songwriter Dave Van Ronk (1936), actor & comedian David Alan Grier (1956), actor Vincent D'Onofrio (1959), actress Lizzy Caplan (1982), and Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps (1985)
• Pour one out for: singer-songwriter & guitarist Chet Atkins (d. 2001), actor & comedian Buddy Hackett (d. 2003), and children's book writer & illustrator Robert McCloskey (d. 2003)
OK, that's it for this week! We'll be back here in your inbox on Monday with another email and (hopefully) a fresh customer Q&A! If you'd like to be featured in an upcoming email reply to this and let us know!
Peace, love, and witchy sisterhood,