July 07, 2023
🤗 Ready for a delicious weekend?
First off, I have some great news with which to kick off this weekend right: it's World Chocolate Day! I don't need a special excuse to eat chocolate though, and neither do you!
It also happens to be National Dive Bar Day and National Day of Rock n Roll, so after loading up on some chocolatey treats be sure to hit up your favorite low-key watering hole for a drink and listen to some fabulous tunes. Sounds like a reasonable way to kick off the weekend!
To help you out, I put together the little animated GIF up top that showcases a selection of the cool new shirt designs, books, and games Boredwalk has released so far in 2023. Turns out we've been busy bees, since I had to leave a bunch of stuff out for fear you might confuse that GIF with a Scorsese-esque feature-length film.
Chocolate, rock n roll, AND savings? Things are looking up for the weekend!
Me totally ready to enjoy my weekend 👍
GIF via Legally Blonde
Want some more amusement? Check out the newest episode of the Boredwalk podcast! Grace and Josh discuss their favorite BBQ foods and whether or not coleslaw should even have a seat at the table. They also answered a couple questions from our Delve Deck (featured in that cinematic GIF at the top!) talk about the fastest way to their hearts and what always puts them in a good mood.
Let's kick off the weekend with a few famous July 7th historical facts and notable birthdays to impress your friends with:
• Born on this day: sci-fi writer Robert A. Heinlein (1907), Beatles drummer Ringo Starr (1940), comedian Jim Gaffigan (1966), and actress Shelley Duvall (1949)
• The first ever comic book ("The Wasp") was published on this day in 1802
• An Elvis Presley recording was played on the radio for the first time on this day in 1954
• President Ronald Reagan nominated Sandra Day O'Connor to sit on the Supreme Court on this day in 1981; she would go on to be confirmed by Congress and become the first woman to serve on the court
• The Alaska Statehood Act was signed by President Dwight Eisenhower on this day in 1958, which would make Alaska the 49th state the following year
OK, that's it for this week! We'll be back here in your inbox on Monday with another email and FINALLY a fresh customer Q&A! If you'd like to be featured in an upcoming email reply to this and let us know!
Peace, love, and chocolate,