The blackest of Fridays calls for our biggest sale of the year! 👻
WELL, IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN
Look, before you tap "reply" and begin irately clickety-clacking about late-stage capitalism and the true spirit of the season or whatever you're feeling soapbox-y about, we know — it's not actually Black Friday.
Boredwalk does TWO Black Friday sales each year — one the weekend before Thanksgiving and one the weekend after — for a very practical reason: we print all our tees and hoodies and tank tops and messenger bags and kitchen towels to order, and spreading out the savings across two weekends helps keep everyone in our Production and Shipping departments sane and better equipped to avoid burnout and exhaustion from having all the holiday orders come in over a short 4-day period.
The deals this weekend are better than the ones we're offering next weekend. So please bear this in mind as you plan your holiday shopping.
If you're one of those billionaire types, please don't hesitate to pay full price and share some of that largesse with us plebes! Perhaps you're in the market for that brand-new reimagining of our I Refuse To Rest In Peace, I Expect To Haunt In Retribution design, shown above? The original version was solid, but we think this "Taylor's version," if you will, improves upon it immensely. Prove us right and buy it!
Now, on with the discount codes!
Now through Monday (11/20) get:
• 10% OFF EVERYTHING, STOREWIDE, with code EARLYBIRDY10
• 15% OFF $75+ orders AND FREE U.S. shipping with code EARLYBIRDY15
• 20% OFF $150+ orders AND FREE U.S. shipping with code EARLYBIRDY20
• 20% OFF $200+ orders AND FREE U.S. shipping AND a FREE copy of our Good Company guest book with code EARLYBIRDY20* for the first 50 customers!
*Yes, the code is the same. Don't worry. Our system will add the book to the cart once you hit that $200 threshold.
Perfect for the holiday season (but useful year-round), Good Company is a great way to commemorate family gatherings, holiday parties, and low-key friendly hangouts with writing and drawing prompts designed to give you an ever-evolving document of the fun times you've had with your favorite people!
Leave it out for your guests to add to whenever you have visitors and you'll be able to look back through their jokes and poems and doodles about your get-togethers with fondness for years to come.
Plus it's incredibly stylish and would look great on your coffee table. It's also a fantastic distraction for those rude guests that always show up unfashionably early. (You know who you are!)
While you're shopping, treat your earholes to the latest episode of the Boredwalk Podcast! Click here to listen on your favorite podcasting platform!
This week my co-founder Meredith & Grace from Boredwalk's content team trade stories about their recent exercise-related brushes with death!
They also react to a customer review that describes a work culture that gives us all the ick.
There is then our recurring segment "Troll Comment of the Week" — always a fun time! As per usual, this week's troll comment is busting at the seams with unprompted misogyny.
Meredith and Grace then share their responses to our recent Question of the Day "which fast food chain has the worst menu?" Fan answers were varied and heated! A lot of Chick-fil-A stans and haters in these streets!
They wrap up by asking each other questions from our forthcoming Delve Deck expansion packs. From the Venting Edition they answer the question "who disappointed you recently and why?" and from the Joy Edition they share their responses to "what life experience ended up being a lot better than you imagined it would be?"
While we had hoped to unveil those gorgeous new decks today, the Customs & Border Protection agents at the port of Long Beach enjoy ruining holidays more than a pre-heart enlargement Grinch. We'll be doing a discounted launch for those ASAP — hopefully next week! We're confident we'll still be able to ship them in time for Christmakwanzaayulekkah.
Alright! Let's send you off into the weekend with some notable events and famous birthdays from November 17ths of yore!
• Happy National Hiking Day and National Baklava Day!
• Happy birthday to the beautiful city of Denver, Colorado, which was founded on this day in 1858!
• Birthday baklava all around for: Canadian singer-songwriter & guitarist Gordon Lightfoot (1938), filmmaker Martin Scorsese (1942), model & actress Lauren Hutton of Once Bitten fame (1943), singer-songwriter & guitarist Gene Clark of Byrds fame (1944), actor, director, and American treasure Danny DeVito of Taxi, Twins, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia fame (1944), Canadian-American screenwriter & producer Lorne Michaels of Saturday Night Live and Kids in the Hall fame (1944), actor Stephen Root of NewsRadio, Office Space, and Idiocracy fame (1951), drag icon RuPaul of Drag Race and But I'm A Cheerleader fame (1960), influential singer-songwriter & guitarist Jeff Buckley (1966), singer-songwriter & guitarist Kimya Dawson of Moldy Peaches fame (1972), Welsh actor Tom Ellis of Lucifer fame (1978), and Canadian actress Rachel McAdams of Mean Girls, Wedding Crashers, and The Notebook fame (1978)
OK, that's it for this week! We'll be back here in your inbox on Monday with another email and a fresh customer Q&A! If you'd like to be featured in an upcoming email reply to this and let us know!
Peace, love, and savings,
Matt, Meredith, and the whole Boredwalk team