The grass is brown and dead on both sides ☠️
DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE
It's Grass Is Always Browner on the Other Side of the Fence Day! While I appreciate the low expectations this holiday implies on the surface, when I read more about the impetus for this occasion I realized the intent was to get us to appreciate what we have. Gratitude? Hard pass!
I probably would describe my side of the fence as "the devil you know." If the grass looks greener anywhere, it's probably just astroturf. It might look vibrant, but up close it's scratchy, plastic, and just can't be trusted.
Sorry, I don't make the rules.
Before we get to this week's amusing finds from around the web, let's give a few March 30th birthday shout outs to:
• Post-Impressionist painter Vincent van Gogh, born this day in 1853! Having created around 2,100 pieces of art, the dude was as prolific as he was depressed. He was often known to drink heavily and not eat properly. He ultimately died by suicide, leaving a note simply saying "The sadness will last forever." Succinct, yet extremely relatable.
• Singer Celine Dion, born on this day in 1968! Dion is the best-selling Canadian recording artist and the best-selling French language artist of all time, with more than 200 record sales worldwide.
• Singer-songwriter Tracy Chapman was born this day in 1964! Her 1988 debut album scored six Grammy Award nominations, three of which she won.
• Rapper, dancer, and producer MC Hammer was born on this day in 1962! If you were alive in the late 1980s and early 1990s you couldn't have missed his flashy dance movements and famous Hammer pants.
In non-human birthday news it was on this day in 1964 that Jeopardy! was aired for the first time. It was also on this day in 1867 that The US government purchased Alaska from Russia for $7.2 million. What a steal! The way home prices in the US are nowadays, I think most of us would love to buy land at $0.37 per acre.
Now on to some amusing links!
1. Weird tourism for adventure seekers
Continuing with my new tradition of making funny fake commercials, this week I've made an ad for the Carpathian Mountains that is definitely not approved by their tourism board. If you enjoy it, please do me a favor and share it with someone who could use a laugh?
2. If adulthood had an orientation day
Humorist Ryan George imagines what an introduction to adult life would be like in this amusing humor video.
3. Take a mental break with the Aurora Borealis
This soothing naturally occurring light show is a soothing visual feast.
4. Cute spoiled cat has his person trained
Someone gave this kitty a bell he can ring for service, and let's just say they've created a (very cute) monster.
5. Relatable comics by Anusha V Reddy
These cute single panel comics capture our every day lives perfectly.
OK! Hopefully these little diversions helped to brighten your day! We'll be back here in your inbox on Friday with more entertainment and Boredwalk news and a secret weekend drop (don't miss it)! Until then...
Peace, love, and dead grass,
Leave a comment