July 27, 2022
The only thing I have left:
MY VICES 😈
It's National Crème Brûlée Day! Things are generally wall to wall misery 24/7, but at least there's snacks, amirite? I love crème brûlée; it's the sort of high maintenance dessert I can get behind. If you want that rich silky vanilla delight, topped with the crunch of caramelized sugar, you're gonna need a blowtorch. It's perfect for desserts that are hard to spell properly (due to their many accent marks) AND burning it all to the ground. Talk about temptation!
If sweets aren't your thing it's also National Scotch Day, but that's not a libation I enjoy. More for you I guess. If you need me, I'll be over here scaring up some desserts.
Me celebrating National Crème Brûlée Day
Alright, what happened on July 27ths of the past?
• Comedian/actress Maya Rudolph was born on this day in 1972. She's cracked me up over the years in Bridesmaids, The Good Place, and Idiocracy. She is truly a comedic gift.
• On this day in 1940 Bugs Bunny made his debut in "Wild Hare."
• It was on this day in 1999 that Tony Hawk became the first skateboarder to land a "900."
• Finally, on this day in 1890 Vincent Van Gogh shot himself in the chest. His parting words were said to be "the sadness will last forever." A man after my own ear.
Alright, you've waited long enough — on to the links!
1. This funny TikToker nails the online dating experience
At least this is what I've gleaned from my single friends. I've been in a relationship with Boredwalk co-founder Matt since the Bush II administration, and every time we get in a fight our mantra is always "we better work this sh!t out because I am not entering the swipe space."
Watch this artist craft minature foods, drinks, and more with clay.
3. Just a koala cuddling her baby
The world needs more of this and less of what our species has going on
4. Inter-generational fun at work
Boomers and Millenials learning from each other. How nice.Tiktok, Instagram, and Youtube and let us know which videos you like!
OK! We'll be back here in your inbox on Friday with more nonsense holidays to dissect, more notable birthdays to celebrate, and more witty content in general. Don't miss it! Until next time...
Peace, love, and eating our feelings,
Leave a comment