This day is for the birds 😒
HAPPY NATIONAL BIRD DAY, I GUESS...
Look, I don't mean to tell a calendar its business, but National Bird Day? Hitchcock tried to give birds an entire film once and we all know how that turned out, so let's tread carefully...
Some people don't even think birds are real, but I've met some and I know they're not to be trifled with. They're real and they're furious.
A few people you've heard of were born on January 5ths of yore, so let's have a little birthday cake for:
• Diane Hall Keaton, born this day in 1946! Ms Keaton won an Academy Award for Best Actress in Annie Hall and Golden Globe Awards for her work in Annie Hall and Something's Gotta Give, but if you missed those two flicks, chances are you've seen her in something; with an acting career spanning over five decades, Keaton is pretty famous.
• Italian medievalist, philosopher, semiotician, cultural critic, political & social commentator, and novelist Umberto Eco was born on this day in 1932! Eco is best known for his popular historical mystery novels The Name of the Rose and Foucault's Pendulum.
• Canadian electronic music producer, DJ, and musician Joel "Deadmau5" Thomas Zimmerman was born on this day in 1981! Zimmerman has received six Grammy Award nominations for his work, and can usually be found wearing a giant mouse mask because he likes to be mysterious (or troll Disney maybe?) I dunno... *prepares to be yelled at by Deadmau5 fans*
Now let's get to some amusing links!
1. Monkey kitty friendships? Adorable!
This primate sanctuary not only introduces us to their cutest residents, they also tell us about the special friendships their monkeys have formed with some feral cats. If you could use a dose of fuzzy snuggles check this video out!
2. Okay, I guess these paper birds can sit with us
Paper artist Nayan creates stunning tiny birds from paper, and we're in awe at this level of intricacy. We certainly don't have the patience for this sort of thing, anyway.
3. Ingredient expert Jack Bishop gets a little salty with us
Jack takes us through the salt options we're likely to find at the local grocery store and explains the pros and cons of each. Elevate your salinity game and learn a little something at the same time!
4. Cats with jobs?! How do I get my cat employed?
This floof-filled Twitter account treats us to cats working all sorts of gigs, or at least pretending to. My lazy familiar insists he already has a job, which is putting up with me, and I guess that's fair.
5. Take a relaxing mental break in Japan's Yakushima forest.
Admire the breathtaking majesty of this subtropical evergreen forest, complete with waterfalls and wild animals. If you need a moment of zen, this is it!
OK! Hopefully these little diversions helped to brighten your day! We'll be back here in your inbox on Friday with more entertainment and Boredwalk news! Until then...
Peace, love, and birds,
Leave a comment