This is kind of a big deal! 🤯
BOREDWALK IS MOVING UP IN THE WORLD!
Happy Wednesday! I'll get to our regularly scheduled lists of random observances, celebrity birthdays, and amusing links in just a moment, but first we have a very important update to share with you. How important?
If this GIF is to be believed, VERY important.
Starting Friday and continuing throughout next week, we'll (temporarily) be sending emails with a slightly different look and on a slightly different schedule than we normally follow.
This is because in the next couple of weeks we'll be switching Boredwalk's home on the web from the classic "boredwalktshirts.com" to the shorter, spiffier "boredwalk.com." Besides, longtime readers know that we sell a lot more than just t-shirts now!
While removing the word "tshirts" from a web address might seem like an easy enough task, there are TONS of delicate interconnected systems we need to update gradually to avoid breaking something super-important, like our emails!
So next week our emails will be pretty bare bones, as text-only emails are more likely to be delivered to inboxes. We're also only going to send ONE email next week instead of the usual three.
But what an email it will be! We're going to include a link in it to a super-secret page on our website that will give you a sneak peek at the cover and some interior pages of our next book!
We won't be sharing these pix on social media or anywhere else, so if you want to see the fruits of our labor weeks before anyone else does, definitely keep an eye out for that email! Don't worry, we'll resume our normal way of doing things following this changeover.
Now, onto today's lesser holidays:
Happy National Chocolate Eclair Day! And National Onion Ring Day! And especially National HVAC Tech Day, for the fine folks keeping us cool during fire season!
Today is also National Kissing Day, which would normally be great fun, but with Covid still kicking around and monkeypox on the rise, be judicious about who you celebrate that occasion with this year.
Alright! Ready for a few famous June 22nd birthdays and historical facts before we get to some amusing links to brighten your day? Let's do it!
• Today's birthday persons include (but are not limited to): 19th century chess prodigy Paul Morphy (1837), German novelist Erich Maria Remarque, who penned All Quiet on the Western Front (1898), singer-songwriter Kris Kristofferson (1936), science fiction author Octavia E. Butler (1947), basketball legend "Pistol Pete" Maravich (1947), actress Meryl Streep (1949), singer-songwriter Cyndi Lauper (1953), comedian and actor Freddie Prinze (1954), S-Mart employee of the millennium Bruce "Ash Williams" Campbell (1958), and Scottish indie rock icon Bobby Gillespie of The Jesus and Mary Chain and Primal Scream (1962).
• It was also on this day in 1870 that the U.S. Congress created the United States Department of Justice. I hear it's been a pretty big couple of weeks for them.
Now on to some amusing links!
The Boredwalk creator team provides the cheat code to winning any woman's heart. If you're not following our creator team on YouTube, Tiktok, and/or Instagram yet, you should be! Our team works hard every day to deliver the funny, and you don't want to miss it. Also, you can see us live on Tiktok today at 5pm Pacific/8pm Eastern. Come say hello!
2. Bears in hammocks. Need I say more?
Before you start snickering about their struggle to get settled in, let's not forget that there are plenty of humans who have failed to nail sitting in a hammock on their first attempt.
3. This Golden Retriever has one rule: don't mess with grandma.
Don't swipe her remote, don't steal her snacks, and don't show up uninvited!
4. This Prefab Sprout music video...exists.
As much as I've enjoyed Paddy McAloon's songs over the decades, it never occurred to me to check out Prefab Sprout's music videos, and I'm sorry I waited so long to do so. A frog butler? Synchronized dancing hotdogs? An eccentric English pop band randomly paying homage to Albuquerque, New Mexico in song? This gem is packed with visual stimuli, and catchy to boot!
5. A list of people this blogger is mad at.
Just in time for the end of parental worship season, blogger Scaachi has shared screenshots of text messages they sent to their brother describing the bizarre behavior of their mom and dad while they stayed with Scaachi in their tiny apartment for TWO WEEKS. Let that sink in. Then go marvel and guffaw at the ensuing hijinks!
OK! Hopefully these little diversions helped to brighten your day! We'll be back here in your inbox on Friday with more entertainment and Boredwalk news! Until then...
Peace, love, and fun emails,
Leave a comment