Wickedly delicious 😈
POTIONS AND POPCORN? SIGN ME UP!
As is our tradition, I am here to let you know it is both National Brew a Potion Day and National Popcorn Day. I am all for it, as a fan of both tasty snacks and all things spooky.
January 19th is actually a cornucopia of factual delights. Did you know Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg is birthday twins with Full House middle daughter actress Jodie Sweetin (both born on this day in 1982)? Or that it's Scrabble's birthday? I don't know how all of this helps you, but if you're a regular Boredwalk email reader I bet you're awesome at trivia night because we bring the random trivia!
It's also this dude's birthday...
If you're in the market for some shockingly soft hoodies* or other Boredwalk goodies, be sure to use code SAVE15 at checkout for 15% off orders of $95+, not to mention free U.S. shipping on orders of $75+ — no code needed!
While you're waiting for your new Boredwalk gear to arrive you can also treat your earholes to the latest episode of the Boredwalk Podcast! Click here to listen on your favorite podcasting platform!
This week I chatted with Tess from our content team about the latest in crimes-that-always-seem-to-be-happening-around-me (this week you can hear about the fistfight that broke out in my driveway, which did NOT involve me or any one else in my household), the return of social obligations following the holidays, and This Week In Trolls, wherein two chaotic and inconsiderate sociopaths try to justify their awful impulses in reaction to some comedy sketches our content team published recently. They are unsuccessful in this endeavor.
Next up we react to fan responses to the Question of the Day "what food do you hate that everyone seems to love?"
The episode wraps up with the two of us trading questions from the Venting and Joy editions of the Delve Deck!
First up from the Venting edition: "what seems like it should make you happy but doesn't?"
Not satisfied with one venting question, we also discuss "what problem can you not believe technology hasn't solved yet?"
As a palate cleanser we attempted to indulge in some joyful rumination, answering "if you could create a magic pill, what would it do?" Give a listen to hear our answers!
Alright! Let's send you off into the weekend with some notable events and famous birthdays from January 19ths of yore! If that includes yours, happy birthday to you!
• The American Civil Liberties Union was founded on this day in 1920
• Scrabble made its debut on the board game market on this day in 1955
• Indira Gandhi became India's first female prime minister on this day in 1966
• Cult film Donnie Darko premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on this day 2001
• Birthday cake all around for: author Edgar Allan Poe (1809), artist Paul Cézanne (1893), model/actress Tippi Hedren (1930), singer-guitarist Phil Everly of The Everly Brothers (1939), singer-songwriter Janis Joplin (1943), singer-songwriter Dolly Parton (1946), actress Katey Sagal (1954), US Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg (1982), and actress Jodie Sweetin of Full House fame (1982)
OK, that's it for this week! We'll be back here in your inbox on Monday with another email and a fresh customer Q&A! If you'd like to be featured in an upcoming email reply to this and let us know!
Peace, love, popcorn, and potions,