Boredwalk Community: Aliens in Egypt
1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?
My day job is I teach math and science to 6th graders. My dream job would be to be a writer. But I never seem to finish what I start! (Ed. note: I feel this. My sketch pads and hard drives are veritable graveyards of incomplete designs. *sigh*)
2. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
I think teleportation would be pretty epic. You could go anywhere you wanted. I would travel every damn where. (This would come in especially handy during Covid-pocalypse.)
3. You can curse your nemesis with a minor annoyance for eternity; what do you choose?
I’m not a terribly vindictive person but a low grade headache would be a bitch for sure.
4. What experience do you most want to cross off your bucket list?
Seeing the pyramids in Egypt. What an amazing feat those aliens accomplished.
5. Clear up a misconception (about your job, where you are from, some other topic you know a lot about).
I think there is this idea that teachers (elementary school teachers especially) should be role models in both their public and private life. Who I am to my kids is entirely different than who I am at home or with my friends. If I wanna dress sexy I should be allowed to do so without fear that I’ll get fired because my friend with public social media posted a drunk picture of me. Teachers are just people. We mess up just like everyone else and often get fired because of it (because think of the children!) Listen, your kid watches Deadpool. Me showing some cleavage isn’t that big of a deal. Chill.
6. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?
I’m @rouge_nerd on Instagram. I keep my profile private because well, think of the children! 🤣
Leave a comment