Boredwalk Community: Cheez Its in Bed & Cat Pictures
1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?
Real job: ELA teacher, grade 7
Dream job: Level 4 Biohazard Virologist
Real job: ELA teacher, grade 8
Dream job: Lead singer of an all-girl punk band that actually makes money (and I will sell out to WHOEVER will pay me).
2. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Eileen: People that start with Episode 1 of Star Wars.
Nicole: People who hijack conversations (especially if they started SW with Episode I).
3. What's a book you think the Boredwalk community should read?
Eileen: Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano
Nicole: I'm gonna be honest — I pretty much only look at cat pictures on the internet currently. Anything by David Sedaris.
4. What's the most useful piece of advice you've ever received?
Eileen: All advice from Nicole.
Nicole: All advice from Eileen. Mostly that we are great and better than most people.
5. What experience do you most want to cross off your bucket list?
Nicole: My band playing a big venue packed with people that want to see us play.
6. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
Eileen: The power to make people really listen. Plus flying.
Nicole: The power to make anyone think that I have a cute outfit on even when I don't.
7. You can curse your nemesis with a minor annoyance for eternity; what do you choose?
Eileen: Diarrhea on my command.
Nicole: That their ice cream falls off the top of their cone FOREVER.
8. If you drink: what's your go-to drink? If you don't drink: what's your go-to dessert or snack?
Drink - Pinot Noir
Snacks - Cheez Its (preferably in bed), nacho cheese Combos
Drink - Cucumber voddie on the rocks
Snacks - Buffalo blue cheese Combos, Ruffles sour cream & onion potato chips
9. Clear up a misconception (about your job, where you are from, some other topic you know a lot about).
BOTH OF US: USE THE COMMA and APOSTROPHE CORRECTLY PLEASE, also stop "quoting" things that "do not" need quotation marks.
Eileen: Polar bears and penguins do not mingle. People think they DO mingle BUT THEY DON'T. Polar bears are arctic. Penguins are antarctic.
Nicole: Teachers do not live in the basement of the school building, and the best holiday gift I ever got from a parent was a gift card from a liquor store in a thank you card that said "thank you for teaching my kid".
10. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?
Nicole: Buckle in -
My band, Hot Cousin, can be found on Insta and Facebook.
My dogs: @davidleerothdog and @irasaysshalom.
My creative side: @murderflowerdesigns.
Both of us together: @ThePunktuators.
Nicole speaking here - I've been teaching with Eileen for like 16 years and she truly makes this crazy and incredibly difficult job doable. Without her - I would never have made it this far.
Leave a comment