Boredwalk Community: Mortuary Science
1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?
Right now I'm a full-time mortuary science student, studying to become a funeral director and embalmer. I'm also employed at a funeral home as a wake attendant, and I'm a semiprofessional film critic through my podcast, The Neon Movie Bunker.
My dream day job would probably be working in some capacity at The Criterion Collection, helping to perpetuate film nerdom. (Ed. note: Interesting! Curious as to how you got into this line of work...)
2. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Anytime the temperature gets above 65 degrees. (Oh boy, does this resonate right now. I'm sitting in on my couch typing this in an 81 degree living room because our A/C went out Saturday morning. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!)
3. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
Hmm…I'd have to say teleportation, even though I just read a really good book (Point B, by Drew Magary) about what a nightmare it would be if everyone could teleport. But yeah, the ability to travel without transport times would definitely be appreciated.
4. You can curse your nemesis with a minor annoyance for eternity; what do you choose?
Getting ABBA's "Waterloo" stuck in their head as a permanent earworm. (Savage!)
5. What experience do you most want to cross off your bucket list?
I'd like to go to the observation deck of the Burj Khalifa in Dubai (the tallest building in the world). (Yikes! I get freaked out on stepladders. That's all you, my friend.)
6. Clear up a misconception (about your job, where you are from, some other topic you know a lot about).
If you have some kind of grand idea or plan for your funeral, don't put it in your will. Discuss it beforehand with a funeral director so that when the time comes, plans are already in place. (Solid advice! Don't leave some elaborate chore for your loved ones...unless they're terrible people, in which case go right ahead requesting a skull-shaped bouncy house with Oingo Boingo performing 'Dead Man's Party' next to your casket.)
7. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?