Boredwalk Community: Shaping Young Minds and Baking Treats
Welcome to our weekly Boredwalk Community series, where we ask Boredwalk fans fun questions! This week we're talking to Kait W. of Pittsburgh, PA, who's looking sharp in a Unisex I Wish I Was Full of Donuts Instead of Existential Dread Tank Top.
1. What's your actual day job and what's your dream day job?Actual day job: public school teacher. The only job that I would love more than my current one would be writing or maybe doing baking books, but I would still want to teach in some capacity!
2. If you could have any superpower what would it be and why?
I'd honestly like to be able to control time...you know, fast forward through the boring parts in the day, pause time when my alarm is about to go off...(Ed. note: I can definitely relate to this.)
3. You can curse your nemesis with a minor annoyance for eternity; what do you choose?
I would curse them to always have someone in their way whenever they are at the grocery store! One of my biggest pet peeves.
4. What experience would you most like to cross off your bucket list?
I really want to hike Machu Picchu — not take the bus or anything, but do the whole hike. Peru is number one on my travel list currently!
5. You're a baker: what's your go-to dessert or snack?
I'm a baker, but I don't really have a sweet tooth! My go-to snack would be something cheesy, like a quesadilla or green chili grilled cheese sandwich! If I were to have dessert, I love sweet and salty desserts, or desserts with some tartness or savory elements. My birthday cake this year was lemon and passion fruit; most years it has involved peanut butter and salted caramel! Another favorite of mine is goat cheese French buttercream — think cream cheese frosting but a hundred times fluffier with a greater depth of flavor!
6. Clear up a misconception (about your job, where you are from, some other topic you know a lot about)
The biggest misconception about my job is that people assume that I own a bakery and that I've had professional pastry training. I'm 100% self-taught and have no plans to open a bakery. I love teaching too much! Baking is my creative outlet. (Could've fooled us with the gorgeous pix in your Instagram feed — those are some seriously pro-looking treats!)
7. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?