😍 Strike fast — these limited edition styles will be gone in a flash! ⚡
25% OFF — THIS WEEKEND ONLY!
Happy National Chocolate Pecan Pie Day!
You know what's sweeter than a slice of chocolate pecan pie? One flash sale in August.
You know what's sweeter than one flash sale in August? TWO flash sales in August!
This weekend only, we're offering six of our most popular designs on these super-stylish vintage-inspired v-neck ringer tees AND we're doing it for 25% off!
Now, you're probably thinking "Matt, didn't you JUST do this two weeks ago?"
Well, smarty-pants, yes...and no. Earlier this month we did a flash sale for ¾ sleeve baseball raglans. That's a whole other shirt style, not to mention a whole other version of sportsball.
Plus, those babies featured a unisex fit. THESE hot little numbers feature a more feminine cut, and are the perfect way to turn heads without sacrificing comfort. You can order in sizes small - 4X, so don't miss this sale!
This collection is available through 11:59PM Sunday night, so don't dawdle! Marlene, Samantha, and David on the customer service team are under strict instructions not to make any exceptions for Jenny-come-lately's that try to slide into the inbox after this sale gives up the ghost.
Go home, ghosty — you're savings-drunk!
A few key answers to ringer-y questions:
Q: Is it 25% off EVERYTHING on the Boredwalk website?
A: Nope, just the adorable v-neck ringers shown above — though you can take 10% off your order when you spend $75 or more and use the code SUMMER10 at checkout. If you're like me and struggle with basic arithmetic, that means that if you're feeling extra-saucy and order $75+ worth of these ringers, they would actually be over 30% off. WHAAAAA?! 🤯
Q: This is a new shirt style and I'm not sure how it will fit. What if it doesn't?
A: Due to the limited nature of the sale (as well as that sweet 25% discount), all v-neck ringer sales are final, meaning no returns or exchanges. The GOOD news is that they are a tad roomier than our standard women's v-necks, and if you click the link or GIF above and check out the SUPER-helpful sizing chart in the image gallery on the product page, you'll find detailed measurements AND pix showing the tees modeled on a variety of body types!
Even better, this particular style is available in size Small - 4X, so it can look ridiculously cute on SO MANY BODY TYPES! If you're not sure what size to order, here's what to do: measure a shirt you have at home to compare with our sizing chart. Lay your favorite tee on a flat firm surface and measure across the chest 1" below the arms to get width and from the high point of the collar to the bottom of the hem to get length. Our sizing charts show product measurements, so if you know what measurements you're looking for choosing the right size will be a breeze.
Q: Why not just make these a regular style offering? Why be all flash sale-y with it?
A: Well, as I mentioned a couple weeks ago, specialty blanks like these are a PITA to source! The manufacturer doesn't make a ton, since they're more expensive to produce, distributor warehouses don't stock many of them, and since we print our shirts to order, this can create a lot of unplanned inventory shortage issues.
Q: Why are you only offering six designs on these? I was really hoping to get the _______ design on these.
A: Again, inventory issues. Since these are tougher to get ahold of, we'll need a few more days than usual to get them and print on them, and we wanted to test the waters with popular designs on color ways that were more readily available.
If you REALLY want to get one of our other designs on this style, you totally can, but it will have to be a regular-priced custom order request. You can reply to this email with requests for other graphics on this style and our customer service team will be happy to help.
Q: I hate v-necks and/or ringer tees! When will you make something *I* want?
A: This isn't the last style-specific flash sale we're running. Just keep opening these emails and keep your eyes peeled — I'm confident we'll do this again with a shirt style you DO like in the near future! Just be patient with us; we're a small company full of sensitive people with limited bandwidth. If you're looking for a vintage-inspired ringer tee with a unisex/mens fit, stay tuned, we have one coming up soon!
Ed. note: Boredwalk co-founder Meredith LOVES these v-neck ringers and says they are her absolute favorite of all the flash sale styles we're offering. That's quite an endorsement!
No NEW art this week, but don't worry — we have a brand-new design itching to be seen that we'll unveil next Friday. We DO have a fresh podcast episode, though — and with a very cool guest, to boot!
Before we get to that, though, let's raise a slice of pie to these birthday persons!
• Iconic sci-fi, fantasy, and horror fiction writer H.P. Lovecraft, born this day in 1890! His works popularized his "Cthulhu Mythos" and have been adapted many times into feature-length films, including Re-Animator, Bride of Re-Animator, The Dunwich Horror, The Unnameable, From Beyond, Colour Out of Space, and many others.
• Legendary soul musician, producer, and actor Isaac Hayes, born this day in 1942! His most successful albums included Hot Buttered Soul (1969), Black Moses (1971), and the score and theme song from the film Shaft (1971). He also co-wrote one of the most influential soul/R&B songs of the last 60 years, Sam & Dave's "Soul Man."
• Caterwauling "golden god" Robert Plant, born this day in 1948! Mr. Plant was the lead singer and lyricist of Led Zeppelin and was known for sexy shrieks, flowing blonde locks, and being shirtless for most of the 1970s.
• Finally, happy birthday to actor James Marsters, born this day in 1962! Marsters has been kicking around the sci-fi/fantasy/horror realm for almost 30 years, but he rose to fame playing William "Spike" Pratt on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and spin-off series Angel. Spike was a classic wimpy poet-turned-villain-turned-antihero-turned-hero.
Alright! Podcast time! This week Meredith had the pleasure of chatting with political analyst, organizer, CNN contributor, and radio co-host Jess McIntosh! I, on the other hand, had the pleasure of taking Oliver the cat to the vet, which is why I'm not featured except in the intro; I'm sure you're very disappointed by this. In it, they discuss:
• How Jess became involved in Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign
• How important it is for everyday people to get involved with the political process so it's not just wealthy people making decisions that affect all of us
• How those same everyday people can get involved to make their voices heard
• Whether the students of the LaGuardia High School for the Performing Arts (aka the "Fame" school) really do randomly break out into song and dance in the hallways and cafeteria like they're living in a musical (spoiler alert: they do!)
Alright! We'll be back here in your inbox next week with a fresh Boredwalk Community Q&A with a fan just like you! We'll also have another new podcast episode to share, and the aforementioned new design! Until then...
Peace, love, and pecan pies,