NOT JUST YET, ANYWAY!
It may be National Ice Cream Sandwich Day, but I have even more EXCITING news to share!
This coming weekend we are running a flash sale from Friday 8/6 through Sunday 8/8 for select Boredwalk designs that we'll be offering on ¾ sleeve baseball raglans (as seen up top) at a discounted price!
The sale goes live on Friday morning and ends at midnight on Monday morning, so be sure to keep an eye on your inbox for details so you don't miss out!
These raglans are a nice happy medium between our tees and our hoodies, especially as we head into Back to School season and its cooler temperatures. They look pretty rad on Jo, Rich, and Jordan, and we can't wait to them on you, too!
Right?! I hope we're not too overcome with dazzle to print these...
So yeah...ice cream sandwiches. Sorry to steal your thunder, guys.
Though in fairness, ice cream sandwiches are pretty weak sauce. Presumably the value-add is being able to eat ice cream without the use of a bowl and spoon, but that soggy cakey stuff still gets all over my fingers and needs to be licked and/or washed off, demonstrating the ice cream sandwich's utter failure to accomplish its one real goal in life. I mean...I'll still eat them. Just don't expect me to give 'em a medal.
Today is also National Coloring Book Day! I have no shade to throw at you, coloring books. You just keep being your awesome selves.
Before we delve into this week's community Q&A, let's celebrate some notable August 2nd birthdays!
• Irish physicist John Tyndall, born this day in 1820! Mr. Tyndall was the first person to scientifically explain why the sky is blue.
• Actor Peter O'Toole, born this day in 1932! Mr. O'Toole first shot to fame in the role of T.E. Lawrence in 1962's Lawrence of Arabia. One of his last high profile roles was as Anton Ego in the 2007 Pixar film Ratatouille.
• Filmmaker Wes Craven, born this day in 1939! Mr. Craven earned his title of "Master of Horror" over the course of a career that produced genre classics like The Last House on the Left, The Hills Have Eyes, the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, and the Scream franchise, among others.
• Actress, singer, producer, model, and Prince muse Apollonia Kotero, born this day in 1959! Ms. Kotero starred opposite Prince in his 1984 film Purple Rain and can be heard duetting with him on that soundtrack's 'Take Me With U.' Apollonia also fronted the pop group Apollonia 6.
Today is also the birthday of actress Mary-Louise Parker (1964), filmmaker Kevin Smith (1970), and actor Edward Furlong (1977).
OK! Assuming I don't die before then, I'll be back in your inbox on Wednesday morning with links to fun distractions! Before that, though, scroll down and learn all about fellow Boredwalk fan Beth P.! As usual, if you'd like to be featured in an upcoming email, reply to this and let me know! Until next time...
Peace, love, and mess-free ice cream sandwiches,
Beth letting everyone else in the Zoom meeting know how she's doing in her Fine, Thanks tee.
1. What's your day job and what's your dream job?
My actual day job is a faculty member at a university, where I do healthcare research. And honestly, I really like my job so I don't often day-dream about another job, but on really stressful days, I do wish I could go back to the job I had in college at the university's library because it was quiet and I didn't have to interact with people (would definitely wear my fave "Fine, Thanks" shirt for the occasion).
2. What keeps you up at night?
My asshole cat, Carl, screaming in my face, which makes my dog, Gilmour, freak out and crawl under the bed (and he's way too big to easily and quietly slip under there).
3. What's a life pro tip the Boredwalk community needs to know?
Just go ahead and get that gas tonight because no matter what you think, you will not have time in the morning.
4. What experience do you most want to cross off your bucket list?
I want to have the perfect comeback at the perfect moment and not five minutes after the person is gone. (Editor's note: Get out of my head, Beth.)
5. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
The ability to remember all of my passwords because I'm in so deep now with resetting them that at some point I'm just going to get locked out of the Internet all together.
6. You can curse your nemesis with a minor annoyance for eternity; what do you choose?
People always popping in on them, unannounced and unplanned.
7. What's your go-to cocktail?
I wish a sloe gin fizz was a readily available drink because that would definitely be my go-to, but most dive bars don't just have egg whites sitting around so I usually just order a gin and tonic.
8. What's a surprising fact about you?
I'm named after a dead dog. My dad's beloved dog died while my mom was pregnant with me and he wanted to name me after the dog, in her memory. Cool. Thanks, Dad.
9. Where can the rest of the Boredwalk community find you?
On Instagram @pep618314
Leave a comment